Seize the opportunity presented by new legislation, ownership transitions or planned capital improvements to upgrade your elevators and escalators to today’s standards for efficiency, safety, and aesthetics. Whatever your building type or scope of work, ECS can provide start-to-finish consulting for your modernization project.
Every ECS modernization project begins with the goal of improving your buildings performance and value – to enhance the occupant experience and maximize your return on investment. We begin this by a thorough audit of your current equipment to determine what can be retrofitted and what must be replaced. We then select available technology solutions based on your budget, schedule, and project objectives.
ECS will walk you through all required paperwork, manage your entire project, and ensure the end result meets the expectations of owners, managers, and occupants. The finished product is always a safe vertical transportation system that increases your building’s competitive advantage.
Modernization Services Include:
- Survey all existing elevator equipment to determine what can be retained and what needs refurbishing or replacing, and review deficiencies from current code
- Conduct building and traffic flow analysis
- Provide modernization or upgrade recommendations
- Develop cost and schedule estimates
- Prepare detailed specification including bid forms and preventive maintenance contract
- Provide a work outline for any work required by other trades / crafts (electrical, HVAC, etc)
- Request bids from prequalified contractors
- Review bids and assist client with contract negotiations
- Review shop drawings and material submittals
- Provide job site project management and status reports to building owner
- Approve progress payment requests
- Provide punch list evaluation and final inspection
- Provide 10 month warranty preventive maintenance survey